Wednesday, March 7, 2012

What is the most popular event for the deaf community?

I am thinking of making an event for my deaf community. I am really bad at idea. So please help me with ideas. My question is what is the most popular event for deaf community?What is the most popular event for the deaf community?
A CONCERT featuring local deaf artists. I was watching Through Deaf Eyes at work the other day, I work for the commission for the deaf and hard of hearing Massachusetts, and saw this really funky band. They were explaining that deaf people enjoy the vibrations... and they were signing the words in ASL it was SOOO cool.



Or, since there are plenty deaf actors, why not a theatre production? Or plan like a deaf worlds fair which you go over technology and how the TTY has evolved from the mail box size it was to the little keyboard it is now. You could also talk about VP and VRS and relay, and ways that relay pisses you off and how to improve. It could be like a carnival with ALL of these included.



And pls let me know how it turned out. I would love to share that with our commission here. :)
if it's a deaf community, how about a sight-seeing tour? a tour of different and nu places, like train or bus tours. or maybe art shows, etc.What is the most popular event for the deaf community?
How about a concert? Boooo....bad joke.



Seriously though, that's nice of you. How about an awareness thing? Do you know someone who knows sign language very well? Maybe you could set up a thing where deaf members of your community meet with those who can hear, and the goal could be the importance of being able to communicate with people who are very intelligent, but not as fortunate as others.



Forgive my bad joke, I can be warped at times. good luck with your endeavor. It certainly is very kind %26amp; worthwhile.
Anything that you don't need your hearing for. Picnic with horseshoes and other games. I like the thought of having the theater to ourselves with close captioning. Anything would be okay as long as anyone coming to it understands that we are deaf and they need to respect that. I was born with good hearing, so my speech is okay and I read lips pretty good and still have some hearing but am legally deaf. Which means that people think I'm not as hard of hearing as I say I am or they just forget and they get very frustrated when they have to repeat somethig. So yeh, any event would be fine but I would make it a rule that no one is aloud to talk with their vocal chords. That would be fun in itself without the picnic!!!!!!!!!!!!!What is the most popular event for the deaf community?
Dont plan a concert.



lol jk. I think going to an art gallery would be cool if you were blind. Its the next best thing to music.
A theatre, a novel with signs, and pictures? Meaning? That the voice is nothing but a code and that communication is universal! dat would make them happy.
  • the office full episodes
  • stage stores
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment