Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Just got an event planning internship, how much should I be making?

I currently work as an event planner and make $15.75 an hour. This jobs is ending soon so I found another one and was offered a job at $11.00 an hour. I am going to be a senior in college but I have over three years experience already in event planning. Should I try to negotiate on the wages? If so, what's a comfortable way to approach that?Just got an event planning internship, how much should I be making?
You can always try - but as an intern, you are limited - you are expected to take part of your salary as 'experience'



if you want to negotiate, simply tell them that you have experience that you feel is worth a little more cash...list some things that you did VERY well that you know will benefit them and see what happens - the worse they can say is no.Just got an event planning internship, how much should I be making?
thank you for the response! i figure for now i'm going to wait to see what i'm doing and go from there. this position is different than my previous one so we'll see how it goes. thanks again :)

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment