Wednesday, February 29, 2012

What is a good event to talk to a class for a shy person?

So, I don't really know that much interesting events to talk to a room full of adults. We're in college now and I have no idea on what my event topic should be. I was going to do the Boston Tea Party or battle of Lexington And Concord. What interesting events are out there? I am really shy so I need a non-difficult event to talk about, also an interesting one.What is a good event to talk to a class for a shy person?
Well, it sounds like you're interested in history, so I'd choose something related to that. In all honesty, you should probably stay away from Lexington and Concord, and maybe even the Tea Party: most people probably won't have a particularly large breadth of knowledge about the first one, and the second one is sort of boring. I know world war 2 has been done to death, but if you focused on the campaign in North Africa, especially Rommel's leadership, you might have a good topic. Just about everyone has a large amount of general background on the knowledge of the war, including the multiple assassination attempts on Hitler (which -*spoilers*- Rommel was involved in), but I doubt many people know a lot about the Desert Fox. He was actually an exemplary general, and he has what I thought was a very interesting backstory that most people don't know.



Edit: in retrospect, I guess it's kind of a nerdy topic, but I got really into it. Cough. Sorry...What is a good event to talk to a class for a shy person?
Try giving a speech on something for example optimism. 1. You can build confidence up.

2. If you are really good and a deep thinker you might impress them!

No comments:

Post a Comment