Saturday, February 25, 2012

My ex-girlfriend texted me out of the blue at midnight.?

The story is much longer than the allotted characters would allow me to tell. I'll do my best to sum it up:





We met in a shag/ swing dance class a year ago and hit it off brilliantly. It was last summer that she admitted to having a crush on me via Facebook message. We started dating as soon as the fall semester started and began a serious relationship, maybe 2 months, from the end of last summer through early October. She was my first girlfriend, my first kiss and everything that comes after.





There were obvious inconsistencies in the way she treated me vs how she was with her friends. Her phone was under her chin at all times, but I'd have to wait for hours to get a reply or call back. On our first date we went to her best friend's house for a party and we had a great time, but she never seemed to want to interact with my roommates (who happen to also be my best friends). In fact, when she came over at night, we would just end up in the bedroom and you can imagine what would take place...





She was very busy: she had a full class schedule to graduate a semester early and a demanding job. I understood this completely going in and never complained when I would usually only see her at the end of the day and when she spent the night. I was happy, albeit inexperienced and naive.





One morning when I was driving her home I mentioned an event in Savannah, GA called 'Pirate Fest'. It's a music festival on the beach as a last celebration of summer. She said she'd like to go and when she added that she had friends coming to visit that weekend I invited them too. It was a big deal for me to get to meet them and let her proudly show me to her friends. I wanted to be able to do that for her. I never was given that chance before. When her friends came to town I hardly got to see her, and in fact would go over a day without even hearing from her. I offered to drive them to the bar one night, and when I took them home later I wanted a kiss and she turned her face. I was crushed. The next day I called to see if she and her friends wanted to get dinner. When she answered I asked what she was up to and she told me they had gone down to Savannah... to Pirate Fest. I was livid.





There was a confrontation the next night after her friends left. It wasn't a fight, but when things "got fixed" I still didn't feel like it was resolved. My feelings had really been badly hurt, and she didn't seem to care. I tried to talk about it again the following night and it became an argument over the phone, which ended in her calling me crazy and breaking up with me. The next night she responded to a text that ended with "Please don't contact me again."





For weeks I desperately tried to reconcile things. I had grown depressed and was overwhelmingly confused. I had defriended and blocked her on Facebook so save myself from seeing her on my feed. I eventually unblocked her and sent a friend request. I didn鈥檛 really have much hope for a result, and eventually forgot about trying it. But one morning I got online and saw that she'd added me. I went to her page and saw she had a boyfriend. They were official 2 weeks after we'd broken up. There was a brief exchange where I'd asked if she was seeing him while we were together. She said no and I actually am inclined to agree based on other knowledge of an event on campus they met each other at.





That conversation culminated with me describing in detail how I just didn't understand how in the world she could have bitter feelings towards me, and then ended with how irrational that makes her look to be with someone else so soon after saying she loved me as much as she did.





I was pretty sad on her birthday in early December. That day I saw an advertisement on the school website for play auditions being held that same night. I saw it as an opportunity to get out of the house and take my mind off things. (I ended up getting the role. I've never been in a play before.) A couple weeks later I decided that I wanted to end things better. So I sent her a message wishing her a happy birthday and a congratulatory little something or other for graduation. She replied with "Thank you Billy!" That was that. No contact since. I think about her all the time and sometimes I even get sad about it.





Tonight at 12 I was watching a movie with my roommates when I got a text from a random number: "I wish that you and I could be friends." My only reply to this was, "I wish I knew who this was." I began to worry about who had sent it and then my fears were realized: "Haha oh extra ouch. You deleted my number. It's Kayla; sincerely hoping that you don't still hate me." Shocked and confused, I did not reply.





Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment